http://www.dnaindia.com/health/report_preparing-yourself-for-alzheimer-s_1808084
An important article for dementia caregivers to read
'When he lost everything he had ever learnt, every behaviour the world had taught him, my father's good heart still shone through. Of course, he sometimes got angry and scared and confused, but he continued to love us, and he was always kind. That's what he was his whole life, and that's what he was at the end. And that's what I need to learn. I need a heart true enough to survive being stripped of all else by dementia.
I don't want to get Alzheimer's. Nobody does. And I'm doing all I can to prevent it. But, like many misfortunes, dementia cannot be prevented. All one can do is reduce the odds, and mine are still worse than most. If it comes for me, though, I'll be ready.'
An important article for dementia caregivers to read
'When he lost everything he had ever learnt, every behaviour the world had taught him, my father's good heart still shone through. Of course, he sometimes got angry and scared and confused, but he continued to love us, and he was always kind. That's what he was his whole life, and that's what he was at the end. And that's what I need to learn. I need a heart true enough to survive being stripped of all else by dementia.
I don't want to get Alzheimer's. Nobody does. And I'm doing all I can to prevent it. But, like many misfortunes, dementia cannot be prevented. All one can do is reduce the odds, and mine are still worse than most. If it comes for me, though, I'll be ready.'
No comments:
Post a Comment